My daughter joined the safety patrol team this year at her school. This has been a huge step for her. For a long time she has been scared of a lot of things and very attached to me. So when she told her father and I that she would like to join safety patrol, I secretly wanted to jump up for joy and we both agreed she could, as long as she continued with good grades and doing good at home. She has started to be independent and have a lot of confidence since she has started. I’m so amazed and proud of her. I can’t wait to see what other activities she wants to do and where this helps lead her.
Both of my Littles were both very anxious to get to their cousin’s first birthday party yesterday and kept asking non-stop when we would be going. I’m sure you all know how that goes. I knew it was my fault since I made the mistake of telling them that we would be going as long as they were behaving and listening, thinking that would help motivate them. Of course, it just made them very impatient as it would for me as well.
So I decided to have some fun with them before I completely lost my patience.
I came up with doing some treasure hunts!
I wrote down a list of four items that they had to find around the whole house on all three floors. Most items were easy-ish but a lot of them, they had to actually think about and look for.
With Ju-Ju Bean, since she is kind of struggling with math lately and reading a little bit, I made up some math problems, had her solve the problem, and had her go find the answer to the problem somewhere throughout the house. It worked greatly! She learned how to solve the problems and she helped her brother as well with it.
With Cruzier, he is learning how to read more now so I wrote down words, had him sound them out to figure out the word, and find the word throughout the house. He learned a lot!
I also came up with a few together treasure hunts where they had to work together as a team to find the treaures. With that one, when they were done, they were able to get a surprise which was a gift certificate to a store that I had. They were able to share the certificate and split it. We went to the store and they were able to pick something out they wanted to buy that was within their amount that they had with the certificate. They were so excited that they could buy something they wanted with a gift certificate they earned. I’m so proud of them!
This whole game was a way better way to relax and have some fun while learning, instead of trying to make them calm down and be quiet without asking a million times when we would be going to the party. It was well worth it!
Hello all of you wonderful people that are reading this! I’ve missed you all so greatly and my fingers have literally been itching to write again since I haven’t been on here in about two months now, so here I am! I hope everyone has been well and I can’t wait to catch up with all of you.
Things have been changing, busy, and crazy, to say the least. But, I really am enjoying the ride. Let’s catch you all up on what’s been going on since I’ve been gone:
- Thanksgiving was amazing. I spent it with both of my Littles, like usual. We made a turkey and actually stuffed it! Ju-Ju Bean was very nervous and wouldn’t touch the turkey or stuffing for the life of her but Cruzier was extremely eager to help, in fact, he did most of the work for stuffing the turkey! It was a good Thanksgiving and good experience with lots of memories with my Littles.
- Christmas came and went. I tried my hardest to stay in the Christmas spirit and did for the most part. Towards the end, I was just ready for it to be done already. But both of my Littles had an amazing Christmas. In the Christmas spirit, we adopted one of our close family friends and her family. Ju-Ju Bean got everything ready for the girls in the family that we were adopting and Cruzier got everything ready for the boys in the family. They both had 2 people each they had to get everything for and pick out. It was such a great experience! The best part was seeing the family’s faces when they opened the gifts. We may have not been able to get tons of stuff for their family but we got some and the smile on their faces was the most rewarding part of it all.
- Cruzier turned 7!! I still can’t believe it. I remember still being pregnant with him and giving birth to him like it was just yesterday. It’s hard to believe that he is 7 years old now but I am so proud of the little man that he is becoming.
- We are getting help for Ju-Ju Bean that is actually helping which has been a long time coming. Things are working out so well now, I honestly can’t believe it. Let’s hope it continues to help! *fingers crossed*
- Ju-Ju Bean started gymnastics for the first time! She absolutely loves it. Thankfully, she is doing it with her cousin who is in the same class with her so it will help her. She really is doing such a good job in it, I’m so proud of her.
- I just got a new job today! I have been filling out applications left and right, going to interviews constantly this week, and finally got the call back from the one I really wanted for a job offer. It’s amazing! I will be working at a nursing home as a Certified Nursing Assistant taking care of residents there. I can’t wait to start!
- I am actually happy and so are my Littles. I love it! Everything is working out so much right now, it’s kind of scary to feel this way without worrying that things won’t go to pieces soon. But I know that if you think negative, negative will happen. So I am trying to think positive and stay in the present which is totally new to me. But here’s to new thinking, new things, and a new life.
- As of this month, I have really been trying to get in shape finally. I have an amazing fitness partner along with a few other amazing people that are helping encourage and support me. I feel so much better now that I am starting to pick up healthy habits and change it into lifestyle changes. I hope I can continue this, as all of you know that it is hard for me to stick with something for a long time.
It feels like forever since I’ve wrote a post on here, even though its only been a little over a month. So much has happened over that time, so much to the point that it’s hard to go through everything that has happened.
One of my sister’s and I went to our first Badger Football Game ever! It was a blast. There was a lot of laughs, smiles, and fun that day.
My daughter started Girl Scouts for the first time! She is a Brownie Scout and is loving it. There are a lot of other girls in her troop that she is getting to know so it’s really helping boost her confidence. She’s learning a lot and so happy to be apart of something. I got to sew her patches on her sash (my first time sewing ever!) and I’m very happy that I can be with her in her Girl Scouts experience supporting her through the way.
My son started Boy Scouts for the first time! He is a Tiger Scout. He got to go to Boy Scouts camp with his troop and myself with his sister as well. It was definitely an experience that was very worth it. He learned so much and so did his sister and I. While he was one of the littles there without a father that attended, the other fathers there took him under their wing and showed him how to play football among other activities which meant so much to us. I’m so proud of him and being able to be there go him to help support him in his experience with Boy Scouts.
My two older sister’s mother got very sick due to cancer and passed away. A lot had happened in between the moment she got sick and passed even though it happened so quickly. It was a very hard time for my sister’s and the whole family. It still very much is hard for everyone. My sister’s mother was a very important person in everyone’s lives. It’s still shocking to everyone that she is gone and very difficult to get through. She will be greatly missed and remembered greatly each and every single day.
My daughter went on her first field trip of the year at her new school. I was able to come with. We went to a survival house at a fire station and to a garden place. It was definitely an experience. We learned a lot and were able to experience a lot that really benefited us.
We celebrated Halloween this year with my sister, two of my niece’s, and two of my nephew’s. It was a blast and was really nice to be able to spend some quality relaxing time with my family.
This morning I’ve came to the realization my daughter is getting older. I have noticed it obviously before many times but now it’s staring me right in the eye even though I don’t want it to be true.
As usual now, I took my Littles to school and went to Breakfast Club with them and my nephew. When they were finished eating, I was taking them outside to their playgrounds. My daughter was holding my hand and walking close to me. My son was walking with my nephew laughing about a joke they were telling each other. One of my daughters new friends came next to us and my daughter quickly dropped her hand from mine and started going to the playground with her new friend. Normally, she holds my hand, walks with me, and gives me a hug with a big loving goodbye and then I bring my son to his playground. Today was different. She went off with her friend and when I tried to say goodbye and remind her where to go after school to meet me, she quickly said she knows. There was no goodbye, no hug, no kiss. Nothing. Just a “I know.” Don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy that she made friends and was playing with them. That makes me so unbelievably happy because she’s had a hard time making friends for a long time. It just makes me sad and realize that she really is growing up. She’s not my baby girl any more. When I got home, I went upstairs to turn off the lights my Littles left on. In my daughter’s room, I found all her shorts, skirts, and pants thrown all over her room since of course, she had to find the perfect outfit to wear to school like she always does. She’s always been kind of picky on what she will wear and picks what she thinks is the best outfit herself every day. Sometimes she has changed her clothes 3 times during the whole day because she can’t decide on which one is the best. But this, this was over the top for her. She’s never thrown all her clothes all over and tried on every pants, shorts, and skirts just to find the perfect one. If this isn’t a sign that she is growing up, I must be crazy. I remember taking out every piece of clothing in my closet almost every day trying to find the perfect one I wanted to wear but that was in middle school and high school. She’s only in 3rd grade! I thought this would came later, like way later.
It’s time to face the facts. My daughter is growing up. Both of my Littles are growing up. There’s no stopping it now. I’m beyond scared of what the future holds as my Littles keep getting older but I also have a lot of faith that everything will be okay and work out the way it’s supposed to. I just wish it would slow down. Even just a little bit. I want to snuggle, hold hands, and have fun together with my Littles a little more before they get even older and want nothing to do with me. Slow down Littles.
Today is my Littles’ first day of school. They were so excited! My daughter is in third grade and my son is in first grade. They are getting way too much older on me too fast. Both were nervous and excited at the same time. They picked out their outfits that had to be just perfect for their first day. It was so cute. They are going to a new school this year but two of their cousins are going to the same school as well so it should go well. They are in grades back to back from each other: kindergarten, first, second, and third. I was able to come to breakfast club, outside to the playgrounds, and walk them to their class rooms to help them feel comfortable. It’s almost the end of their first school day and I can’t wait to hear about how it went!
My beautiful amazing daughter just turned 8 years old a few days ago. I honestly can’t believe it. I can remember like it was yesterday the moment I pushed her out and held her in my arms for the first time. I was scared shitless but I knew that everything was going to be okay because it had to be. I knew things weren’t going to go perfectly and I had no clue what I was doing but things were going to be worth it all because of her. She was the most precious little sweet baby. Her little fingers would wrap around mine and she’d smile. We would sleep together with her right next to me. I loved to just look in her beautiful eyes and hold her.
Fast forward 8 years from then, my daughter is still my baby girl. She is unique, creative, smart, hilarious, sweet, protective, and amazing. Whenever someone is feeling down, she is right there to help pick their spirit right back up. No matter what, she believes in everyone and sees the good in them even if they can’t see it for themselves. She is always making new things with her creative self for other people. I can’t believe 8 years has already passed and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for my daughter.
For her birthday party, we had a very nice party at our local McDonald’s play land with most of the people she loves. She got everything she wanted and more. On her birthday, she got to spend time with more people she absolutely loves and went out to eat. She had such a good birthday.
Ju-Ju Bean age 7 1/2
WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think. When you re-post put your Child’s age.
P.S. Theres a blank copy in the comment section!
1. What is something mom always says to you?
2. What makes mom happy?
-When I listen
3. What makes mom sad?
-When I don’t listen
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
5. What was your mom like as a child?
-In foster care
6. How old is your mom?
7. How tall is your mom?
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
-Play on her phone
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
-Making arts and crafts and singing
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
13. What does your mom do for a job?
14.What is your mom’s favorite food?
15.What makes you proud of your mom?
-When she let’s me watch a movie
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be?
17. What do you and your mom do together? -Fart
18. How are you and your mom the same?
-Eats cereal too
19. How are you and your mom different?
-She’s taller and I’m shorter
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
-She gives me kisses
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
-I don’t know
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
23. How old was your Mom when you were born?
My Littles and our dog are seriously the best. They really are. Everything about them, is pure awesomeness. They light up my world and make everything worth it, even the days filled with stomping screaming crying meltdowns and the mornings where I wake up drenched in pee soaked bedding from them. I wouldn’t change being their mommy for the world. Even on the days that I just want to pull put all my hair and give up, they give me the motivation to keep going because of them.
So when I wake up to this this morning:
My life is magically complete just with these three beautiful faces staring up at me counting on me. They are my world. They truly are.
Every single day, my Littles are growing up more and more. They are growing so fast I just can’t believe it. It seems like just yesterday, they were in my arms coming home from the hospital. Now, they do things for themselves, are their own person, and aren’t so dependent all the time. It kind of breaks my heart but then it makes me happy. I’ve so proud of who they have become and that I have taught them more about life where they feel comfortable to be themselves, do things on their own, and trust themselves. I just wish they would slow down a bit on growing up. They are supposed to be my little babies. Soon they will be hitting double digits, going through puberty, and being an adult with their own lives. I’ve been doing better at putting my phone down, leaving things alone, and just focusing my whole attention on them. Since I’ve been doing that, I have been noticing more about them and being able to cherish more moments with them while creating memories with them. I’m so proud of both of my Littles. They will always be my babies, no matter what age they are.